Garmin Maps Download
If you want to download ourmaps of the UK, then there are 4 options…
- If you want to use your UK Garmin OSM Map with Routing. GPS for a whole variety of puposes, including routing (although the routing data is still a little experimental), and you have around 300MB free, then we recommend the new
- If you mainly use your UK Garmin OSM Map. GPS for geocaching, walking, or driving, we recommend our standard
- If you mainly use your UK Garmin OSM Cycle Map, which highlights all OSM known cycle routes. GPS for cycling, we recommend our
- If you mainly use your UK Garmin OSM Canal Map, which highlights all OSM known canals, rivers, and useful Points of Interest along them. GPS on the canals and rivers, we recommend our
Information on dates of last update:
UK Garmin OSM Map – 11th July 2010
UK Garmin OSM Map with Routing – 11th July 2010
UK Garmin OSM Cycle Map – 23rd April 2009
UK Garmin OSM Canal Map – 23rd April 2009
Updates for Cycle and Canal Maps will hopefully be released soon, please check back regularly, or follow us on Twitter to be kept upto date.
You can download the files using the links above.
To use these files:
- We recommend you to take a full backup of your GPS before you start.
- Please note you can only have one supplemental map file called on a memory card, and this procedure will overwrite any existing maps stored there.
- You’ll need to download your preferred map, and unzip it to create a file called gmapsupp.img
- You need to copy this file to your memory card (we do not recommend putting this file on the internal memory of your GPS *), either by connecting your GPS to your computer, or via a memory card reader (this is likely to be faster). The file must be located in a directory called .
- Cleanly disconnect from your PC, and power on your GPS.
- Depending on your GPS unit, you may need to go into the map settings and select to turn on the new map.
If you have any questions, or problems, please head to our forums and ask.